Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mid-Summer Christmas Morning

Right.

Brace yourselves Ladies and Gentlemen. It a Big Sunday today. Been looking forward to today all week. Man City - MAn Utd and Liverpool - Chelsea. Since I woke up - half an hour ago- I have the feeling of a kid waking up on Christmas day. Can't wait to rush under the Christmas tree and see what's waiting for me.

Appetizer: Man City - Man Utd


This will be exciting. It will be even more exciting for me since I have tickets for the game. I haven't studied none of the teams too careful in the past two weeks, but I'd expect United to play with Tevez as the only striker, getting help from Giggs and Scholes. The fact that Rooney and Ronaldo are not playing gives City a big chance to get some points from this game. I went to 4 City games last season: Sheffield, Newcastle, Chelsea and Liverpool. Apart from the Chelsea game in which Lampard scored a penalty, all the others ended 0-0. So I'm going to have a bet on a goal-less draw. I would expect, however at least one goal from City. On the other hand, United are desperate for the first win and what would be better than one at their rivals' home?

Main Dish: Liverpool - Chelsea


I'd expect a Liverpol line-up like this:

Reina
Finnan, Agger, Carragher, Arbeloa
Pennant, Alonso, Gerrard, Riise
Kuyt, Torres

There is a slight chance to see Babel or Benayoun at the wings and Mascherano instead of Alonso. Liverpool will definitely score. I'd even expect Fernando's first goal in the Premier League today. Final score? 1-0 or 2-1, but I wouldn't bank on it...

There is also a rumour going around about Gerrard not starting. I really doubt that, although it is possible to see him being subbed at about 70th minute if everything goes well....

On the Chelsea side, Terry is back, but I don't know whether he'll either start or give his 100%. Jose does not have many options at the centre-backs so expect Terry to start...

Desert: Rest

After all this action all day what could be better than watching the weekend's highlights and trying to sober up from all the beers you had...

You'll probably hear from me at the end of the week when -if everything goes well- I'll be done with my dissertation and have time to analyze my dull life...
Cheers

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home